Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was running through some checks on my bike and noticed that the brake light was not coming on at all when pressing the rear brake. Looked at the rear brake light adjuster and it was terribly loose. Did not come on at all even when pressing down on the brake as hard as i could. It is a minor adjustment and I also put some medium lock tight on it(blue) just to make sure it does not come loose again. Now i know that its 70/30 front/rear respectively but this is still a brake light and should work properly. SAFETY FIRST!!!

P.S. I did a search but didnt find anything recent so for anyone who has recently purchased a bike I would suggest checking this or for that matter anyone that owns one. Takes about 3 seconds...literally.

Sry...I own a 08 250

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Mine was loose when I first got the bike. Make it part of your overall checklist. You need to go over the bike often. Things come loose.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine doesn't come on in my 08 when pressing the rear brake. And on the 07 that I owned for about 2 weeks prior, the rear brake light didn't come when pressing the rear brake either. I just thought that was the way it is supposed to be. :confused: Didn't make much sense, as a brake is a brake, and should signal the brake light, but two Ninja's doing the same thing made me think it was normal.

Hummm... is this rear brake light adjuster pointed out clearly in the manual? It's late, but I guess I'll check it out in the morning.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

P.S. WooHoo, my 100th post! :Bike:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
There was also an issue with the taillight bulb Kawi used on some of the 08 Ninjas. Mine stopped working a few days after purchase, but a new bulb corrected the problem. For less than $1 for an 1157 bulb, it might be worth the peace of mind to put a fresh bulb in there, or at least carry a spare.

·
Registered
612 Posts
There was also an issue with the taillight bulb Kawi used on some of the 08 Ninjas. Mine stopped working a few days after purchase, but a new bulb corrected the problem. For less than $1 for an 1157 bulb, it might be worth the peace of mind to put a fresh bulb in there, or at least carry a spare.
True.. I also had this issue with the bulb. Dealer told me that Kawi uses cheap bulbs.... I got home and compared the 2 side by side... The stock uses some small ass wire with small wire rapped around that for the filament... where the after marketer uses a good sized solid wire (mine was the running light part that broke from vibration). I always do the quick once over, but that night my buddy noticed on the way home... glad it was him and not some cager! Faith~ Rep for suggesting the spare... Wish I had mine that night.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Mine was loose when I first got the bike. Make it part of your overall checklist. You need to go over the bike often. Things come loose.
Yup especially with a new bike.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Mine doesn't come on in my 08 when pressing the rear brake. And on the 07 that I owned for about 2 weeks prior, the rear brake light didn't come when pressing the rear brake either. I just thought that was the way it is supposed to be. :confused: Didn't make much sense, as a brake is a brake, and should signal the brake light, but two Ninja's doing the same thing made me think it was normal.

Hummm... is this rear brake light adjuster pointed out clearly in the manual? It's late, but I guess I'll check it out in the morning.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

P.S. WooHoo, my 100th post! :Bike:
Above the rear set on the rear brake side is the adjustor. It is the first, from the front of the bike, in a series of three items (second is hose from rear brake res. , then brake hose to caliper). There is a plastic cover over it. Pull back the cover and there is a cheap plastic nut to adjust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.