Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off i felt the stock brake pedal was way to low for my liking, so i raised it up as much as can be. Im pretty flat footed when on the stock rearsets so i didnt want the rear brake much lower.

With it raised its a bit better but i feel it could be just very slightly higher.

now heres my real complaint..

i feel as if its to far INWARD.. i guess maybe i dont keep my foot hugged as hard as i possibly can against the rearset but i have to angle my toes in to press the brake in when i want to, instead of just pressing down.

I feel either the brake pedal needs to be longer across to reach out further, or bent outwards more.

Im going to try bending out a little, but being carefull not to break it off.

and lastly, i feel as if the rear break doesnt have much feel to it.. id like a little more pedal feel out of it. but maybe thats just me. It doesnt feel soft or spongy like theres air in the line but i dont know.... i did have it hanging once while installing my slip on.

can anyone give me feedback on what they thing about the whole rear brake setup? maybe im just being to picky lol.

·
Registered
810 Posts
you wearing riding boots??? Try those, cause lets face it - the bike is made for the track realistically, and with boots on you get a great feel for the pedal cause of the wider stance. Just my two cents, cause I ride with boots and have no complaints. In fact I lowered my pedal downward so i dont have to bend my foot up to get over the pedal

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well just went ahead and bent it out about a 1/2" or so more and now it feels in the better position... now i just have to test how it "feels" as far as response from the rear brake now that its in the position i want it.

im thinking its possible it got bent in a little when i layed my bike over letting it down off the rear stand for the 1st time.. who knows.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Originally posted by stylin97
I'm thinking its possible it got bent in a little when i layed my bike over letting it down off the rear stand for the 1st time.. who knows.
Yep, I'm pretty sure that it got bent.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Read somewhere that the rear brake pedal was suppose to be lowered some so that in a panic stop you don't lock up the rear.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by nerijusj

Yep, I'm pretty sure that it got bent.
yeah maybe so.

im gonna have to sit on my buddys 636 next time i see him and see how his brake placement is compared to how mine is/was.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's one of the only complaints I've had about my bike is how low the rear brake is. It's definitely set for a track riding position. No biggie though I'll just adjust it up a touch and all should be good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.