Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected my rear brake line to install a rear hugger. when i disconnected both ends, come fluid leaked out, but not alot. after i was done i reinstalled everything and bled the rear brakes. after i was done, the rear brake doesnt work at all. i bled almost half the cylinder and still NO pressure on the rear brakes. anyone know whats going on? thanks

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeppers, keep on bleeding. You have a air pocket in the line still. Also why did you remove the rear brake like to install a hugger. I have never had to disconnect one in order to remove or install a hugger.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the hugger had a hole for the brake line to run through, resulting in me having to disconnect it. ill keep bleeding, but in the meantime, does anyone else have any other advice? thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
have a cylinder of bleeding isn't much keep pouring more and more in and bleed it out you may need 2 or 3 cylinders befor its out also tap on the line in between bleeds it can release tiny air bubbles...good luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
You need a vacum pump. Most auto parts stores carry them. Ask for the "mini-vac" it's a hand squeeze suction pump. The master cylinder is so small that it's almost impossible to pump bleed. You hook it up to the nipple and suck the air out. I know this is the only way to do ATV's and judging by the size of our rear brake master I'd say this should do the trick.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Think about how air wants to get out of the system and bleeding should be a snap.. The rear line running horizontally shouldnt be much of a problem as the front ones are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.