Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am sitting at a red light on the way home from work, 4 lane road, I was in the lane next to the turning lane. when the turn light hit green, the Jack Ass behind me punched it (our light was still red). I was on the asphalt before I even knew what happened. I was really pissed off! I think the guy was scared to open his door LOL. the other traffic people were very helpful. I had more volunteer witnesses than i needed. ambulance shows up, make me give vitals, (turns out Im gonna pull through!) had to push my bike into a parking lot. police show up, the dude admitted fault, I got his info, gonna call his Insurance tomorrow. so far it seems that i got off pretty easy on damages. broken clutch lever, rash on the stator cover, rash on the left fairing. hopefully the axle is good. this is the car

Attachments

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
That sucks! Glad you're ok! I hope the insurance company pays for it to be brought back to 'new' condition.

Sent from my DROID using Motorcycle App.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah, Im hoping they dont do some dumb shit! The "Chinese Fairings" are only like 3 months old!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
ahh man that sucks. maybe you can get oem fairings out the the deal!

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
What a fucking asshole. I don't ever understand people that either inch up on a red light or gun it when the light changes. But this queer was behind you and jumped on the gas? How stupid do you have to be? He's at fault, man. His insurance will take care of your damages at Kawasaki prices, so yeah, not cheap on his part. As far as your bodywork I'm not sure what they'll do. I assume your fairings aren't the factory color. ?? Otherwise they'd just replace whichever fairings are damaged with new ones already painted. I hope you get your bike back together and on the road soon, man.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That sucks man. Truly an un-avoidable accident. I always, and I know most others are the same way, keep it in first and keep an eye on my mirrors when I am first in line at a light. However, once there is a car or two behind me, I tend to let my guard down because the only way you could get hit is if the ass behind you hits the gas. That SEEMED unlikely to me until I read this thread. What a jackwagon.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Glad you are ok, being rear ended at a red light is one of my biggest fears. Has happened to me several times in cars now. I almost never stop for yellow lights on the bike because of this.

does anyone know where you can get that flashing break light or how to do it. I would assume they just put a capacitator inline with the brake light system.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Happened to me once.

Make sure they give you some money to go get a thorough health exam, even if you don't go.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the jack ass was dead wrong and admitted to it ( not that he had to) yeah, myfairings are not the factory honda red, they are a few shades diff and would totally be obvious if they were to replace it. i want my damn check for the dealership parts and labor. the bike is still in the truck, Im hoping to get it looked at by the adjuster soon. Im thinking the cost of parts alone will a sizable amount, along with the rash on the stator and fairing, my shifter is bent, the tail fairing has some gouges, one side of the front fairing stay bracket broke (but it doesnt really need replaced) my integrated tail light is cracked, axle mounted license bracket is bent. and I just realized last night the microphone boom broke off my Cardo headset. As far as the driver, i actually felt bad for the dude. he was really scared. Maybe..... because after the accident i walked up on him kinda quick with the helmet still on and stared down at his fat ass in the car. I normally pay close attention at intersections, however..... we were at a full stop with multiple cars behind us. the dude saw movement out the corner of his eye and gassed it. dumbass mistake. Called the insurance company this morning and they couldnt locate the policy number (poor penmanship on the Cops part) now i have to go getr the police report. GOD I HOPE THEY DONT GIVE ME A RUN A ROUND! all in all, Im just glad it wasnt serious especially the injury part, I will put up a pic of the damages later today. I think it fucked up his car worse than my bike actually.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
hindsight is always 20/20, but always take down their info. Don't rely on the police to do so. Since basically everyone has a camera phone, take a picture of their insurance card...easiest way!
-Cody

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Sometimes shit happens that you can't do anything about.

Rob
^this

Glad to hear you're okay OP

I usually try and find the preventive action someone could have taken when they get into an accident but there's really nothing you could have done in this case to avoid getting rear ended.

It's not like you could have watched your rear through the mirrors as the car was already stopped.

Did your helmet touch down at all?
If so, I'd make sure they replace that as well.
Helmets are like condoms, one use.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Reactions: bubbleboys
1 - 15 of 15 Posts