Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my 2nd post...new to this board but I like it!

Does anyone know where I can find good instructions on how to remove the rear fairing on my 03 zx6r? I'm trying to get rid of that "mud guard" thing that holds the license plate and will probably install an eliminator kit. Plus I just want to learn how to do it.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Use the search button. You should find plenty info on this subject. I have an 02 but from what I can remember, it's relatively easy. I beleive the good people at Kawasaki put that thing on there with only a couple of screws that can easily be taken out.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i did this the first week i had my bike so i might miss somthing. but neways take off the seats. then undo the bolt in your cargo box type thing. then the rivets should be three on each side. rivets are removed by pushing in the middle of the rivet in then pulling out, they are put back in by pulling the middles out a bit then putting back in and pushing the middle in place once you get the rear section off and removing the box under the box ther's four bolts that you remove to take the mudgaurd off. hope that helps i know it was kinda rambling but the best i could do in words. and just for future refference i have taken the trunk box out w/o pullin the section out i wouldnt suggest it tho cos you really gotta do some pryin. and make sure you really tighten the front seat bolt cos mine fell off. i'll take a loook at my bike later and see if i missed nething. have fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.