Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on my two bros exhaust and think I want to remove my rear foot pegs. My bike is for some street and track riding, I never have a passenger so I should take them off no?
Anyone see a reason why I should leave them on?

-Thanks

·
Powerhungry
38,146 Posts
I am putting on my two bros exhaust and think I want to remove my rear foot pegs. My bike is for some street and track riding, I never have a passenger so I should take them off no?
Anyone see a reason why I should leave them on?

-Thanks
im assuming a zx6 based on ur name...

some ppl keep them...they help reduce a small amount of damage if it FALLS over.

personally, i pulled mine. it looks alot better, cleaner.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
oh yeah, def take em off.. i always thought that guys were weird taking em off b/c bikes are def a chick magnet, so taking off the rear pegs seemed crazy to me.. But i suppose if you have more than one bike to ride someone on or are absolutely sure your not gonna ever have a passenger then go for it... But i'm leaving mine on.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
if you take em off, make sure that exhaust pipe is out of the way first because it's a be-otch to get the right side bolts out as it's behind the exhaust pipe.

With that said, I left mine on, I think they did save some of my tail in a 40mph low side. Yes it scratched the tail a bit, BUT you can cleary see where the left peg hit and is ground a bit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Im in the same dilema but i take the odd pillion so im leaving mine on and getting them powder coated black :). Wont stand out as much and still have the pracitcallity.

·
Registered
927 Posts
yeah take them off it looks better. i never have mine on either. Im not really into riding anyone one the back. Just added weight not needed.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Leave them on! I don't know about anyone else but what if you wanted to take a hot chick for a ride? Absolutely nothing wrong with a hot chick riding on the back of another hot chick's bike. Is there?

Habs

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Leave them on! I don't know about anyone else but what if you wanted to take a hot chick for a ride? Absolutely nothing wrong with a hot chick riding on the back of another hot chick's bike. Is there?

Habs

I must say, Habs has a valid point here....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must say, Habs has a valid point here....
You guys are too late! Bike is at the shop as we speak, they are coming off!

I guess in the event I take a chick for a ride she will just have to wrap her legs around me to hold on...
J/k :p

Plus on a serious note I do not want to be responsible for hurting anyone should I go down; I would feel terrible! I am still devistated for running over a squirrel a few weeks ago :(

·
Registered
254 Posts

I guess in the event I take a chick for a ride she will just have to wrap her legs around me to hold on...

Plus on a serious note I do not want to be responsible for hurting anyone should I go down; I would feel terrible! I am still devistated for running over a squirrel a few weeks ago :(

hubba hubba ! Do it do it doooooooooooooooooooo it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Don't worry....something tells me the squirrel doesn't remember a thing......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts