Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before anyone yells at me...i already read the thread about using the passenger pegs as the driver pegs but i have a couple questions about which hardware to use.

this much i know...the rear peg needs to be drilled out to fit the front peg bolt, but what about the the springs and other stuff. i took everything apart to take a look but figured that i'd post up before any power tools come out! :eek::D

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
from what I read, you enlarge the hole and use all the hardware (spring, pin, clip) from the original front peg to mount. You may need to shim the new peg to take up some difference in space.

looking to do this next week too. I need access to a 1/2" drill at work to drill the hole. :)

also, I noticed the peg surface to be a bit too smooth for me, so I'll be roughing it up with a coarse file to see if that will increase grip. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kkim,
i thought that too but the front spring does not look like it will work with the passenger peg.

that is a great point about scuffing up the peg!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
kkim,
i thought that too but the front spring does not look like it will work with the passenger peg.

that is a great point about scuffing up the peg!
I believe in that thread you read about the rear pegs said the same thing, but they did manage to use the original spring, albeit a bit tight.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm not following.... what advantage would this give you? I like the rubberized pegs myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah no real advantage...just looks for me. plus i guess there is better feel...the rear pegs are just like the pegs on my 675 so might as well keep things consistent. i'd actually prefer a rigid peg instead of one with a spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts