Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have noticed that some of you have placed a racing plastic rear end on your bikes. I love the look of it, but I was just wondering how much time it takes to switch it around? Say if you had lights in both the old one and the racing one, how hard would it be to switch them incase I wanted to have a passenger for a ride or two a year? The solo seat cowls don't look bad, but the whole rear solo plastic looks sooo damn good. It kinda shortens up the rear end or something, makes it match the front better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, do you have to manually cut holes for the rear signals to fit in the race tail section? If so, how hard is it to do that?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If you had lights in both tail sections, you could easily swap them over within 10 minutes, once you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
yeah i cut my racing one for lights in a few mins but my cowl is not the right one for my bike so it was hard and dosnt look that good, but, i love the look of the cowl. I am switching over to a regular stock tail for now, but yeah it only takes about 10 mins to swap the tails out, real easy 4 bolt thing...
Ben

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I think over the off-season I may try to put a race tail on, as long as it isn't too hard to cut lights into it. How did you guys set up the license plate mount, and rear signals?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I didn't have any problems with those, because I left the mudguard/indicators, etc untouched.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
for the plate and signals, you could just get 4 "L" brackets. Mount the 'L' brakcets and then mout the lights and plate onto that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.