Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you that have done the rear res relocater mod on this bike, do you guys feel a difference in braking on your rear brake or is it just me being paranoid after doing the mod? For instance, do you have to give it more brake pressure than before? I don't know if its just me or if it was affected by where it was relocated.

Just checking if you guys have had any problems/issues after doing the rear res mod that is on these forums for the 07/08 ZX6R.

·
Registered
247 Posts
well actually compared to my friends rr it feels soft now...but thats comparing apples and oranges...

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
did u only take the res off? or did u have the MC off also? if u tipped it upside down, you might have some air in there.

or..as suggested above, the fluid is getting cooked.

otherwise, the res has no effect on the braking pressure. nothing should have changed.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
if there is fluid in the res still and its a straight line down there can't be a difference. The res sees no pressure. If you think it feels softer bleed you brakes and checked to make sure the res is running straight to the mc.

·
Registered
562 Posts
uh theres no porrible way to make it softer or harder when moving the reservoir. Most racers take the cup off and just put a clear hose coming out of the reservoir thats capped off. there is no pressure in the line or cup and all you need is a few drops of excess fluid in a line coming off the master that can be pumped into the brake line upon pressing the lever

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The res was never opened, I just followed the rear res relocator instructions and put it under the seat. How do guys have your hose?

·
Registered
443 Posts
you make it sound like all your braking power should come from the rear. are you braking the front the same and feeling like you have to give the rear more to stop??
^^^^
unless you want to lock em up... make sure your using your front brakes with the rear

·
Registered
187 Posts
mine is fine. But you should check for air.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ya man i had my hose kinked and i was freaking out when i first took it for a ride but after i fixed that it was 100%...

·
Registered
120 Posts
sorry for jacking but where can i find a how to on this mod, i tried to search and no luck :eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Set your bike up on a rear stand(if you got one) and start your bike up, put it in first and test the rear brake out. Your only suppose to use 30% of your rear brake when your applying the rear brakes. 70% front and 30% rear. If your not sure about about your stock brake lines, then buy some spiegler steel braided lines from www.sportbiketrackgear.com. I got front and rear spiegler brake lines from them with all the neccessary brake bleeding components and it has made a huge diffrence. My brakes have a quicker response and they are a lot smoother.

·
Registered
120 Posts
thanks man

1 - 19 of 19 Posts