Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who do not have Power Commanders under their seats... Do you keep ur tool pouch in there? I personally don't see how it is going to help you that much if you break down...

I figure i would take it out and put my phone, registration and wallet back there just so I don't have to keep it in my jacket.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i used it to take off some of my fairings when i laid my bike down so i could ride it back home. to me, thats like saying no need to keep a jack and spare tire in your car.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i always think of that but i can easily keep a few allen wrenches inside but i don;t need the whole thing... Plus when i laid my bike down i just called my bro to bring my truck to pick me up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Power Commander and no I don't keep my tool pouch in there. Even if I wanted it in there; it wouldn't fit with both, its just too damn big and heavy..... All I have in there is the Power Commander, insurance card, registration, garage opener, two allen keys and my work keys..... I will have even less room when I get the Dynojet Ignition Module..... :buzzsaw:

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I pulled out the suspension adjustment tool and keep it in my toolbox. I cannot imagine needing it on the road. Everything else stays in the compartment. MY friends and I have stripped a bike to the cylinders because we had a problem with it while we were stranded in the mountains. All we had was the tool kits out of our bikes.

You get the point.

Then again, if you aren't a mechanic I cannot see how much use it would be...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ya the storage space back there sucks... and i got my hopes up cause the solo cowl looks like it has so much more room WRONG

·
Powerhungry
38,380 Posts
um..on the 07 thre isnt room for a pc, AND the tool kit?
on my 05, the pc mounts to the side of the tool kit. actually outside the little "tray" that the kit sets in.

and its ALWAYS going to be there.

but like sev said, if you dont know how to use those tools..they arent much good to you...

those are great pics sev, reminds me of some wheeling trips

·
Registered
92 Posts
I keep my tools, registration, and insurance there. I had to use the tools a couple of times to adjust something. I would not keep anything valuable there. Bikes are so easy to steal. Besides its such a hassle to take off the solo cowling and the risk of scratching the paint job goes up every time I take it off.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually was able to fit my wallet and phone back there yesterday with the tools! it was a hell of a tight fit but it actually fit... Now to get the insurance and registration cards to fit lol

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
I have a servo eliminator so the power commander fits under the seat. Plenty of room for all the stuff in the back.

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
If you took out your exhaust servo you should have room for the pc3.

Maybe the guys working on the cheap servo eliminator will have something soon. I couldn't wait around so I bought one from Ivan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts