Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a rear seat cowl for a 02? I see lots for the 03s but just vinyl colored covers for the 02. Ive got no need for a passenger seat and would really like the race look not to mention a little more trunk space.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, Targa makes one... and there are probably more from Pyramid. Unfortunately, they are incredibly expensive for a simple peice of plastic, and aren't as tall as I personally would like. I'd like something that covers my ass from behind.. kinda like the GSX-r SDRAM cowl.

I think the only thing that would come close to that would be complete solo race seat with integrated cowl. If anyone knows where to get one, let me know!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the targa one was $128 unpainted, ouch! I could not find a website for pyramid. If anyone has one of these any color, scratches are o.k., let me know.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I got mine from Targa and it's alright.....comes in factory colors....

the locking mechanism is very suspect...basically, you add a bracket in the front that holds the cowl down by forcing a metal rod into a rubber grommet....the rear snaps into the lock but the front is in that rubber grommet...so if you were curious, you could simply yank up on it and pull it right out of that mechanism...

unlike the seat where the two plastic pieces fit themselves underneath metal brackets themselves, this cowl simply slides into a non-locking bracket and can slide out if given a decent little yank...

it looks good...I've got the yellow and it is not the most exact match in color but it's good enough...

still looks much better than the seat...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, good to know, My bike is painted ala spray can so I would get the unpainted targa one but $128 is still alot for a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
940 Posts
yeah it is...I totally agree...

but it is fiberglass rather than plastic if that's any consolation....

it really isn't for me so wait until you're feeling loose with your money before making the purchase....otherwise you may be disappointed.

·
Registered
940 Posts
yeah it is...I totally agree...

but it is fiberglass rather than plastic if that's any consolation....

it really isn't for me so wait until you're feeling loose with your money before making the purchase....otherwise you may be disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.