Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '00 had a nut between the shock and the frame which made for easy adjustment. I adjusted it to the max, which made turn in for cornering really nice. The adjustment seems to make the bike feel lighter, which is really good for track day fatigue. Also raised the rear of the bike a bit which made for a more GP look and feel. However, downside is that when the bike is on it's sidestand it really leans a lot. This makes it less likely to tip over the other way, but leaves me feeling a little uneasy when you go to lean it way over. The sad thing is that the 01, 02, and now my 03 all just have aluminium spacers, not and actual nut, so to do any adjustments, you have to remove the shock from the frame entirely and insert the nut, then insert the nut. But that's just my 2 cents worth..... [:p] Good luck, and I'm jealous of your Ohlins!

Rick the EBoz wannabe

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Does anyone know of the Factory setting for the rear shock height? ZX6R 2000-02??

I'm thinking the heigth is set at the bottom of the spectrum.....frame touching the shock body.

Can anyone enlighten me? My Ohlins is set already with some height......was like that when I bought it, so I don't have a base reference...

Thanks guys....

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.