Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 ZX-6R that I have a question about.

If you put a fender eliminator on that has mounting holes for the short stalk turn signals, what do you do with the holes from the factory rear stalks in the muffler heat shield thing?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you are reffering to the big ass mud flap/fender that holds the license plate and stock signals just take the hole thing off. Get a bracket and place it under the exhaust just look at the pic thread in this section and you will see what i am saying. Or you can post up some pics and we can give you an idea off them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, the mud flap is gone. The fender eliminator is on. I'm talking about the holes where the factory stalks are in this picture.

Attachments

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I don't have those on my bike now ... but I put them on for long trips so my bags can rest on them. They also help keep water out of my undertail. What I did with mine is go to a hardware store and buy some 3M adhesive tread paper and cut it to size to go over the holes. This is the stuff that commercial places put on steps (or stairs) to keep people from slipping. The rough texture closely matches the bike pieces and the adhesive is very strong. I've gotten the shit soaking wet from hundreds of miles in the rain and have NEVER had to replace it. It is really cheap too!

The picture below is horrible quality because I had to crop it from a really grainy picture (my parts are in the garage loft so this will have to do) but you'll get the idea.

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
OR....if u pull those off. you will see a molding line, in the plastic. take a dremel, or some type of cutter. and follow that line, it follows the line of the tail.
mount them back on the bike, and they cant be seen;)
without them, as said above, theres a big hole on each side, under the tail.

you cant see it in this pic, but its there ;)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts