Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hey
a few weeks ago i posted this topic http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10926
about a small footprint for a rear wheel stand cause my bike is indoors in a tight spot. i got a huge reply, mred even went and measured one for me, i ordered the handy stands and just got them in and they fit perfectly. you guys (and girls) rule

i look forward to some north east rides and i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i'll be able to make it to deal's gap in may.
thanks again

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sweet! Looks like it fits perfect, glad to be of assistance.:D

And we all know that the silver ones are faster...maybe not with me on it, but still faster...[:p]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Correction- silver was faster, then they started making orange ones. ;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Nice Stands! I have the same ones, great pricing on those too...

We need to get some rides together up here for the winter! All those brave enough to bear the cold weather that is...

It's snowing out, I'm going to go practice my slides jk:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, it's snowing here today =( it looks pretty now, but everytime i look at it i think of how long it will be before i can ride again...
damn snow

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm amazed at how many threads end up being "which color is fastest" threads. [V]

There's a reason why Ferraris are red though...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got both front and back stands together for 113 bucks shipped (www.handyindustries.com), you'll need to get spools too for the rear stands, i got my spools from dan kyle at www.kyleusa.com for about 33 bucks shipped, i think they're awesome stands, it's really easy to get your bike up on them and down off them, and it makes maintainence a breeze

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there's two packages, as the members of zx6r.com told me... with pads i don't think you need spools, but with the bobbin supports you do need spools... i got the bobbins, and while i haven't seen the pads, after getting the spools and stands it seems like the bobbins keep the bike much more stable. i can put my hand on the bike and shake as hard as i can but she doesn't even move, plus it's nice and easy to get it onto the stands with the bobbins, even if you're putting on the stand by yourself

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by yennikc
there's two packages, as the members of zx6r.com told me... with pads i don't think you need spools, but with the bobbin supports you do need spools... i got the bobbins, and while i haven't seen the pads, after getting the spools and stands it seems like the bobbins keep the bike much more stable. i can put my hand on the bike and shake as hard as i can but she doesn't even move, plus it's nice and easy to get it onto the stands with the bobbins, even if you're putting on the stand by yourself
Yep! After a few times, it becomes natural...and one handed at that!:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
that is a samll spot to put a bike[:0]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, she's in my frat house in a corner of our laundry room, but the guys are pretty careful around her and it would suck to have to keep her outside in winter here...
hopefully when i get back to ca i'll have a nice garage for her and the car, and there won't be all this snow everywhere

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have these stands too, great things to have for work or just to clean my bike. But I got the rubber pads at first and now I want to get the spools instead. Anyone know where I can find the parts I need for the rear stand itself? the website doesn't seem to have anything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.