Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I bought my 2006 ZX-6R 2 months ago and have found that the rear is a bit too hard on standard settings. I haven't fiddled with suspensions before, so I don't really know or trust my judgement. I think I need to dial down the pre-load, but I am not sure how much (I only see around 2 threads left to turn [Not clicks like on Honds]). Does anyone have any information about this for me?

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
are u saying the spring is compressed almost to its max?? cause if you see only 2 threads left, it means its very soft(pretty much the softest setting)....
Are there 2 threads left on top or at the bottom of the tree???

Anyway if too stiff you need to unscrew those 2 weird looking screws and soften the spring by letting it climb up that tree....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi Mark, if you can live without the bike for a couple of weeks Ktech can rebuild the standard shock with a suitable spring for your weight and riding style. it makes a huge difference to the handling.
If your going to reduce the preload on the spring mark both collars on the shock.
Undo the top collar and wind it away from the top of the spring by two or three full rotations. Then undo the other collar releasing the spring to meet the first collar and lock them off. Ideally the static sag should be around 10 - 15mm.
Thats the difference between the rear fully extended and resting on its own weight no rider.
If you can get it in this range hopefully you should notice a difference. If its still too hard then you will have no choice but to replace the spring with a lower rating.
Is the bike second hand?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.