Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry but im new to the fourm. i bought my 04 636 and the front was lowerd and i was worndeing if my rear of my bike was lowerd.is there any way to tell.is there anything i sould look for.thanks guys

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also my buddy has an 03 636 and sits higher than mine.the links from swing arm to the bottom of shock are the same lengh on both of the bikes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you see any of these attached from the swing arm to the bike or "strut mount" itself?

http://www.starcycle.com/street/muzzy_links.jpg

They are the links that connect the two together. So if you do have them and unbolt bolt them....have a friends there and a jack.

The front honestly should not be lowered more than an inch. The rear should stay at stock height or you revert what you just did in the front.

I only use my LL for playing at the strip.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
also my buddy has an 03 636 and sits higher than mine.the links from swing arm to the bottom of shock are the same lengh on both of the bikes.
The bike also has an adjustable seat height, which changes the traction feel. Look at the top of your rear shock, there's a place to put shims on. I've understood that the bikes come at lowest position stock, with a round shim that should be in place always. Adjustment shims are U-shape, so easy to spot.

Everything is mentioned in the factory service manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it has the factory links.im going to mess with the adjustable seat hight after work. thanks guys for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts