Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm turning my ZX6R into a track bike (should be getting my Attack Performance bodywork this week).

Where do you guys tie down the rear of your bike if you remove the passenger foot rests? I'm planning to remove since I won't be taking any passengers (no rear seat). Currently I've been securing the rear end via the passenger rests.

·
Registered
230 Posts
when i took my passanger rearsets off for the track, i just tied the front good and wrapped my straps around each side of the swingarm to stop the rear end from bouncing around. wont hurt nothing, but i rather put a extra strap rather than some stupid shit happening

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wondered the same thing myself and decided to pick up some small eye bolts that mount through the old passenger beg bolt holes. Used some clips to attach the tie downs to thats it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Originally posted by Chunke1
Wondered the same thing myself and decided to pick up some small eye bolts that mount through the old passenger beg bolt holes. Used some clips to attach the tie downs to thats it.
Honestly, that sounds like a good way to bend the subframe on a really big jolt.

I tie mine down from the rearsets, pulling backwards more than down. The front is held down by the softies or loops over the lower triples and fork leg, down to e-track in the trailer.

This has worked for countless miles on dozens and dozens of race weekends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.