Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at Buying a 2003 orange Z1000 used from a dealer. It has 3200 miles on it and a warranty til 2010. I dont know how the warranty is that long but it is. Did this guy get a 6 year xtra warranty? Anyway, they are selling it for 5999.00. Everything looks great on it but i did notice that the rear tire is flat in the center from doing burnouts i would imagine. My question is doesnt this affect the handling of the bike? You dont have that radius across the tire for smooth leaning. I think i want them to replace the tire and i want a service done on it. Oil, filter, coolant check and all the other stuff they do. What would be a reasonable offer in your opinions? I have 3 grand down and was going to fianance the rest. Also, does multible owners affect the cost of the bike. I think it is only one owner but not sure. I will find out!
Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the deal sounds pretty good. If the bike needs a new tire try to get the dealer to throw one in for free. my shop does it all the time when we sell a used bike.
the z 1 is a sic bike, go for it!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have an '06 the tire was wore out at 3,000 miles and I did not do any burnouts on it.
I put a set of pilet roads on and I have a little over 6,300 miles on the bike now and a lot of tire left.
BUY IT PUT A SET OF PILET ROADS AND ENJOY THE THING

·
Registered
76 Posts
If that bike has the Bridgestone Battle Axe tires on it, you can count on them to be worn. I mean, those things are soft. The back tire will wear quickly just by quick acceleration. That's what I learned at least.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine wore out quickas hell too. I do mostly interstate commuting back and forth to work, 100 miles a day. I wore the back tire down to 3/32 in 2000 miles. Got Metzler M-3's on it now, we'll see how they work out.

Ron

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I am buying the bike. I got them to 5699 with no tire. they said it would be 198.00 for a Sport tec tire installed. Never heard of sport tec.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sport Tec? I've never heard of it either. Ofcourse, before I bought the tire I have now, I had never heard of that brand, a Shinko. It's been a good tire I suppose. Only paid 104.00 for it off of ebay and it cost me 35 dollars for a local shop to install it. Heres a pic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got the Z1000 today and so far its a great bike. I have to get used to the ("Where the hell is the fairing") small fairing compared to my Z750. Rides great but i have to get a manual because the bike didn't come with one and i only have 1 key! They didnt tell me this until i signed all the papers and stuff. So the original owner has the key and the manual and the seat cowl. He does live localy so i will have to try to contact him and get the stuff if possible and legal. I want to figure out the shock setting and fork setting to my weight (155). It all feels good but i wanna make sure im getting the best ride i can. The rear tire feels funny to me. Maybe its mental. Question on temperature gauge. It was up to 214. Isnt that high? it was 115 outside. How the heck do you get the seat off? I think it is the bolt inside after the passanger seat is off. I dont remember seeing a helmet lock. Here are some pics of both.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't worry about the temps...215 is when the fan comes on.. 238 is the overheat temperature... Never hit it in AZ riding in 113degree weather..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by DarrenLMP3
Thanks for the info. I am buying the bike. I got them to 5699 with no tire. they said it would be 198.00 for a Sport tec tire installed. Never heard of sport tec.
Sportec is by Metzler, I have the M3 on mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To get the seat off, there's a small hole on the lhs, on the undertray close to the pillion footpeg, that's where the key goes....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.