Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 zx-7r. The bike had a dunlop 208 190/50/17. The tire needs to be replaced. The dealer said the correct tire should be a 180/55/17. The guy said my bike must ride liek shit. It rides fine to me. But I do notice the tire soins whne I try to clutch up a wheelie. What size tire should I put on.????

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm getting ready to put a new rear tire on my bike to replace the practically new piece of Shinko the dealership put on the bike before I bought it. Is the 180 a better size to run? Any cons?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by TagZX-7R
I'm getting ready to put a new rear tire on my bike to replace the practically new piece of Shinko the dealership put on the bike before I bought it. Is the 180 a better size to run? Any cons?
Like I said above "If you have a hugger the 180 may rub."

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a 180 on mine when i got it, and i have recently put a 190 on to replace it. I must say with a 180 you could tip the bike into corners alot faster which was cool, but with a 190 the bike feels like it in on train tracks going through corners, super steady and it not a uge differece to tip er in. I actually prefer a 190 now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.