Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someimes when i'm turning at intersections leaning normally as i do the back end will slip out what feels like an inch or two. i know that there is no oil or gravel on the road because i'm familiar with these roads.

i'm wondering what could be causing it.. could it be i'm turning too slow with too much lean? tire temp? help

·
Registered
278 Posts
Could be bumps in the road and your suspension makes it feel like it's slipping. Or it could be slipping and in that case it's either the road conditions or your tire condition. Check your tire pressure and tread. I'd even check your tire for shit on it.

Don't be a fool either and think because you know the roads by you that there isn't gravel on the road, or any other foreign loose objects that just appeared cause some truck just went mudding and dumped the stuff all over that intersection on their way home.

There could be so many things causing that feeling, so you really need to investigate it more.

·
Registered
343 Posts
your in idaho so it might be a potato :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now that i think of it i do have the suspension set up very firm.. will cracks in the road cause a firm suspension to slip?

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Originally posted by ninja_s
now that i think of it i do have the suspension set up very firm.. will cracks in the road cause a firm suspension to slip?
Firm preload can cause it to hop out, but not really slip...you'd feel a little jolt, and the slip feeling would happen just after the bump. Now if your rebound damping is set too high, it can wash out real easy over bumpy stuff from the suspension packing up on you...

What tires are you running? That might also be part of it, if they're shitty and cold and worn and you're throwing it over too quickly, or whatever.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pilot power in the rear and stock in the front

my preload is stock, while my rebound and compression is 3 clicks from full stiff on both ends

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
if you were saying higher speed stuff we would need more info, but for an intersection speed it is probably oil that you arent seeing and you are on the gas...

if its happening at intersection speeds and you *arent* on the gas, then its in ur head

also, im positive it isnt an inch or two... and inch or two is A LOT especially at 20ish mph, if that.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Originally posted by ninja_s
pilot power in the rear and stock in the front

my preload is stock, while my rebound and compression is 3 clicks from full stiff on both ends
[:M7] [:M7] [:M7] [:M7]

... I...uh...dislike powers. I'll skip my usual tirade. =)

Your settings are stiff-ish, but not too extreme, especially if you're a little heavier (I'm 'heavier' too, so my suspension is set up a tad on the stiff side). It wouldn't really be the cause of what you're feeling, I think. The packing would only occur if you hit a lot of pretty intense bumps one after another, and if your compression damping is bumped up too, you'd be less prone to packing in the first place.

I'd say the culprit is just the road, unless it's happening in more than one corner...then I'd take a good look at that rear tire. Pilot Powers have been known to have issues with some sets that come out of their factories. And that's all I'll say about that. [B)]

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for reference i'm 175lbs fully geared

u could be right about the road not being the same everyday, but i always do try to quickly glance where i'm turning into to see if anything is there, then ahead into the turn

what is it about the powers that is an issue?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shit. it happened to me again today. downshift to 2nd before the right turn. turn, feed in the throttle and then the rear got upset and felt like it was gonna wash out on me. jeez i can't figure it out, i'm gonna have to loan my bike to a more experienced rider and have him do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
if you downshift right before a turn, then apply the same throttle... there is a lot more torque available.. maybe need to work on setting up/gearing for the turn better? sounds like its just an issue of inexperience.. ull figure it out

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
For one thing, I agree with Paul (sanjose636)...feedback on the powers DOES suck ass. As for the issue with powers, they have some shitty quality control, and every now and then they'll release a tire that shouldn't have passed inspection. Because of the way tires are made, every tire and every manufacturer eventually will spit out a few bad apples, but the QC guys are supposed to inspect the tire to make sure none of those get out to the street. The Michelin QC guys have been known to miss a few here and there...at least, there have been sets of tires that people have run that had issues that QC should have caught. Also, Michelin doesn't make them in one factory. As was mentioned, they make them in France and Spain, which makes things a little harder to control. Plus, even if they're coming from Spain, they're still French. hehehe j/k

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ninja s, are you gradually twisting the throttle or are you just choppin it open? Sounds to me like somebody is just choppin it open while they are in their lean. And do what I said try weighting the outside peg.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i've run p powers and p race and never had problems. but before i started into this thread i was already thinking he's running pp's haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.