Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few pictures of ZX9R's with turn signals mounted in the side vents of the rear tail section. Any idea where they can be purchased?

·
Registered
78 Posts
iS THIS WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT? This is my '97 ZX9R,it come this way stock, I've never seen where you can buy them. Sorry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that looks like it. I tried looking on Bike Bandit under your year and all, I could be wrong, but I think they are aftermarket.

I have an idea about making something that will fit into that space and mounting 3 to 4 amber LEDs. Just an idea so far.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I assumed they were stock because it was like that when I bought it. I don't ride with other 97's. Let me know how your project goes. I'm going over to "bikebandit.com" to investigate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had integrated indicators in the rear light which worked awesome, don't know how legal they are but here in SA anything goes!:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I used those vent holes for my taillight/brakelights after getting tired of jacking with the junk LED taillights that came in my undertail. I had to make brackets to mount the lights and used tail light repair tape for lenses. Kinda crappy but suprizingly it don't look too bad and actually illuminates pretty good. I know.........[:TTIWWOP]

I'll try to take some pics soon.

BTW, If anyone knows where to buy lights that are made to fit in the vent holes let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.