Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a nearly new BT014 tyre that I want to put on my G1. Tyre is a 180/55 R17 but as you probably know the standard fitting on the G1 is a 170/60 R17.

Am I able to fit this tyre without any probs and what would the fors/againsts be for putting it on.

Any experiance and knowledge would be usefull before I decide wether to go ahead with it.

Thanks, Bri

·
Registered
622 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems fitting it. I have the same size on my G2 and have run that size for about 6 yrs. i can't find any cons in handling/ride. You have alot more choices in manufacturer and access to more models with that size. So I would go with 180/55. I've put on over 60,000 miles using that size, go for it

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
I run a 180/55 ZR17 on my ZX6R F3. No probs. Tracks a little different in the corners but feels more stable/less twitchy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both of your input, looks at the minute if i might go ahead with it.

Any one else feel free to add your opinion.

Cheers, Bri

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have any of you who went from the 170/60 to the 180/55 had any problems with clearance with the chain guard? I've been thinking of doing this swap when I need a new rear and it looks like it might potentially rub against the guard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts