Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all -

Looking for a spare rear wheel for my 2004 ZX6RR - I want a spare wheel with a fresh tire as a back-up to use on the track when it rains.

Can anyone out there tell me if there are additional years (if any) that will bolt directly onto the bike without modifications?

I was told a 1999 ZX9 rear wheel is 5.5 inches wide, and will bolt directly on. Can anyone verify this?

Do you, or do you know someone, with a 2003/04 ZX6R rear wheel for sale?

Thanks for your time !

nummy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes the wheels are the same you will need the spacers from the 1999 wheel though.

I would just upgrade to the 05-06 wheels regardless. they weigh less and look better

Food for thought

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
98-04 ZX6R and 03-06 Z1000 wheels are direct bolt ons to your stock swingarm. 05-12 rear wheel will fit with modified or custom spacers, but you'll run into an issue with the caliper mount. I did anyways. 05-08 swingarms are cheap to acquire though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98-04 ZX6R and 03-06 Z1000 wheels are direct bolt ons to your stock swingarm. 05-12 rear wheel will fit with modified or custom spacers, but you'll run into an issue with the caliper mount. I did anyways. 05-08 swingarms are cheap to acquire though.
Thanks for your help !

I purchased a 2004 wheel in near-new shape with the cush drive, sprocket, and rotor, from a local speed shop.

nummy

·
Registered
23 Posts
. I can send pics if u want aswell. Ik I don't have many posts on here because I just joined but if u go on zx6r.com and look up my name I'm very credible. If interested let me know we can work out a price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts