Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal. I took both wheels of to take them in and get some new tires mounted and balanced. I got the front wheel put back on just fine but am having major fitment issues with the rear wheel. I know that there are a number of items that need to go between the two sides of the swingarm but can't get them all to fit regardless of order I put them in. The items in question are: the caliper, what appears to be a guide of some sort, a small spacer, a large spacer, and of course the wheel/rotor/sprocket. Below I have posted pictures of:
1. All of the parts in question
2. Part A (the guide of some sort I'm assuming)
3. Part B (the smaller spacer)
4. Part C (the large spacer)
5. My assumed installed condition of the guide in to the rotor side of the wheel.
I have combed the internet and forums to no avail. I even downloaded the PDF version of the service manual and it didn't help at all, so any help here would be greatly appreciated. I should also mention that this is for a 2002 ZX6R. Thanks in advance.
-Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a couple more pics that might hel to clear up where the problem lies.
1. The first pic is what I think is the installed condition on the rotor side.
2. This pic shows the lack of available space for the spacer(sitting on the swingarm)
And also, the smaller spacer isn't in either of these pictures.

·
Registered
876 Posts
first unbolt the brake caliper from the bracket, thats just an extra thing to get in the way that you can put on later...

as for the rest it looks about right, there is a 3rd bushing that goes on from the inside3 of the cush drive. make sure thats not backwards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved - the "bushing" of some sort that goes on the inside of the sprocket was flipped around the wrong direction so the large spacer wasn't fitting inside the sprocket like it was supposed to. Thanks for the help though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.