Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for a rear wheel stand for my 03 636, but where i keep my bike (in the laundry room), i don't have much space behind the rear tire on the floor, so i need a stand that has a small footprint that doesn't extend too far back. any ideas on where i could find a good one?

chris

ps the laundry room has a door that opens to a parking lot, it's the only place inside i can keep her

·
Registered
124 Posts
You might look at the Handy stand. The rear stand is pretty small and I got both the front and the rear for about $110. Here is a picture of the rear.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Handy's rock for the money:D. I just measured the Handy for ya. It protrudes 6" from the outer most point of the rear wheel. Good luck![^]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just went and looked at the handy stand site and they look real nice, thanks guys. just one question before i get them, should i get the bobbin supports or the rubber pads?

chris

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by RidgeRider
Get the bobbins for the 636. You'll need swingarm spools though...
Definetly agree. Get the spools (bobbins). Handy doesn't sell the spools, but your best bet is to go to Dan "The Man" Kyle (kyleusa.com) for those. Very fast and friendly, service top notch!;)

·
Registered
605 Posts
I agree that the Handy Stands are probably the best value. I wish i had gotten them. :(

Anybody want to buy the above LP stand? ;)

I'm with mred on the spools. The Dan Kyle spools are the trick. The left spool is longer so the stand will not scratch the swingarm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all your help guys, i ordered the handy stands and kyle's spools. i'll post a pic of her in the laundry room when i get the stands in

·
Registered
469 Posts
I purchased a pair of redline stands. you can get a pair cheap as well. only thing is they come un painted raw iron. Check'em out!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
lol....Folded in half?[:p]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.