Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been brought up or not lately but I just picked my bike up from the dealership from its 4000 mile tune up and the service manager told me about the recall Kawi has put out on the 03 models.

dont worry nothing major, just the bracket that holds your exhaust canister on all stock exhaust. The bracket is causing the canisters to crack and put holes in them. And their fix to it is to be putting a rubber like cromlet underneath the bracket, this way it will not be moving around and causing the the 2 spot welds to break and craking to occur.

Im just kind of suming it up right here so please forgive me, but if you do have the stock exhaust I would contact your dealer.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yea I have a nice little hole in my can under the bracket. It sounds like shit and the new one is on backorder......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got a recall message in the mail today. Apparently there are weld on the exhaust that were not done properly and this could cause the exhaust to crack and allow the muffler to come loose. If you want to hear the whole thing verbatim just let me know.[xx(]

·
Registered
100 Posts
so is the dealership notifing you or kawisaki i have not looked at mine yet but are they replacing the muffler or just the bracket

·
Registered
913 Posts
I assume the whole muffler can because its welded to the bracket and the weld is defective. My can has a hole in it so its definately getting replaced.

What aftermarket can should I go with, im thinking Yoshi rs3 or Akropovic?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I assume the whole muffler can because its welded to the bracket and the weld is defective. My can has a hole in it so its definately getting replaced.

What aftermarket can should I go with, im thinking Yoshi rs3 or Akropovic?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THe guy told me that if your can is cracked they will be replacing the whole can but its not cracked they are just going to put in the rubber piece under the bracket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.