Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for it on the forum, but I can't find it..It was a website that you just plug in your vehicle info and it tells you of any existing recalls or repair notices for each make. Can someone shoot me the link to it? Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope no recall info on kawasaki site..The site I am refering to was posted here a few days ago..but I can't find it now...[}:)]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here is the recall info off of NHTSA's web site. It is the place to go for recall information. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov

Results : 1 | All records displayed
Make : KAWASAKI Model : ZX636 B1L Year : 2003
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 03V387000 Recall Date : OCT 03, 2003
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:MANIFOLD/HEADER/MUFFLER/TAIL PIPE
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 11018
Summary:
ON CERTAIN MOTORCYCLES, THE WELDS SECURING THE MUFFLER TO ITS CLAMP COULD FAIL FROM VIBRATION, ALLOWING THE MUFFLER TO SEPARATE FROM THE EXHAUST PIPE.
Consequence:
THIS CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE MUFFLER AND INSTALL A RUBBER DAMPER. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT KAWASAKI AT 1-866-802-9381.
Notes:
KAWASAKI RECALL NO. MC03-11. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION#146;S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.