Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to replace my plugs at the next oil change. What are the best one's to get? I also want to get an x-ring chain soon. Any input or advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
939 Posts
cant tell you about the plugs...
but chains are very important and i wouldn't go with anything cheap.
rk makes nice ones. im currently running one of theirs in x-ring gold plate.
i have a buddy who decided to buy a cheap chain from a local shop becuase it was rated as high as the more expensive ones..
well the chain broke destroyed his front sprocket cover,tail cowl and his leg.

·
Registered
295 Posts
NGK plugs, there's really no advantage to buying the "high perfromance" one's unless you've got serious race mod's on your bike...Just be sure to get the same type NGK as specified in the service manual for your bike. The heat range and plug gap are extremely important. Do double check your plug gap too, it usually is correct out of the box, but you can never be to sure.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehehe, a friend of mine used to say "buying cheap toilet paper doesn't pay". I have a ways to go before it's time to get a new chain, and I don't mind spending the extra for peice of mind. I won't skimp on tires, brakes, riding gear, sprockets or a chain. Interesting, my GMC uses NGK plugs, as well as the boat and skiis at work. No radical mods, and I'm happy with the way she's performed so far.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
NGK CR9E are the stock plugs on the 00-02 year 6R's. Should be the same for yours. I like my RK chain. D.I.D., RK, EK, REGINA, you can't really go wrong. I haven't ever heard stories of problems with chains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.