Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 02 zx6 in good condition with 17,000 miles on it. I have been riding for about a year and this is my second bike, an upgrade from an 82 honda cb650. It looks great aside from a couple very small cracks in the fairing and a few small scratches on the other side of the fairing as well. Due to not having a license at the moment i haven't ridden it aside from going down the street before i bought it only reaching about 45 50 getting into second gear. I didn't notice anything wrong. But my dad took it for a short ride to get through all the gears to test it out an said that he noticed a somewhat high revving in between shifts while the clutch was pulled in. The guy we bought it from said that it's normal and has been like that since he had had it. Is this normal??(my dad is a very experienced rider of 20+ years so i know it's not human error) And the only other thing wrong with the bike, aside from possibly needing a carb cleaning and syncing is that the key will not turn past off into the lock position, no matter the angle of the front end. Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, idle is constant, no revving up just while idling. and i havent really riddin the bike but from what my dad is saying inbetween 2 and 3 goin up and so on there is a high rev inbetween shifts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have an 01 zx6e and if I understand what you are saying right, my bike can do the same thing. It depends on how I ride. It happens when I pull in the clutch and snap the throttle closed real fast. If I am easy with returning the throttle closed, it doesn't happen. When I say easy I am not talking about babying the throttle, I am just not closing it with my hand hard. It almost sounds like I am revving the engine between shifts but I am not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Ak2xZx...very helpful, as my dad was riding as soon as he heard the revving he was very deliberate to make sure it wasnt the throttle causing the revving..well have to try it out and ill let ya know if that helps.
thanks a lot..much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts