Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what the hell happened, but I came out one morning and there were two huge burn marks on my seat. It looks as if someone held the seat against a hot pipe, but I know it didn't happen so I am thinking it ws a chemical reaction to some cleaners I used or something. Anyone ever had this happen? Since noticing those two there are now 2 more and I don't know what is causing it. I know no ones fukkng with it because it is parked in my shop.
Anyway; what can I use to recover it? Both the ride and passenger seat are messed up. Normally I would order something, but I have a bike show Saturday and really don't want to roll like this.
Thanks.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i know a dude that got vinyl material from walmart and covered bike seats. just wrap, staple and trim.

just an idea

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I've had a few seats either recovered or reshaped and restretched by a local upholstery shop...never over $40.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know a dude that got vinyl material from walmart and covered bike seats. just wrap, staple and trim.

just an idea
Hmmm, how did that turn out?

I need something by this Saturday (bike show). I'll eventually buy a new cover for the rider seat and the passenger seat is getting pulled for a cowl cover.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't know what the hell happened, but I came out one morning and there were two huge burn marks on my seat. It looks as if someone held the seat against a hot pipe, but I know it didn't happen so I am thinking it ws a chemical reaction to some cleaners I used or something. Anyone ever had this happen? Since noticing those two there are now 2 more and I don't know what is causing it......
I think something might've dripped down from that girl's coochie. She was sitting all over your bike in those pics man. You don't know where she's been before rubbing all over your bike. Just a thought. lol

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well, how's it come out? Did it look good for the show? Beautiful bike, hope you brought home a trophy!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I work at a car dealership here, we have a kid who does mobile vinyl repair, he repaired and dyed my seats for 18 bucks~ Im sure there is someone in your area who does the same.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think something might've dripped down from that girl's coochie. She was sitting all over your bike in those pics man. You don't know where she's been before rubbing all over your bike. Just a thought. lol
LOL!!

Nope , not her. I remember asking her to try her best to cover it up when she was posing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts