Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It always amazes me how any time you book track time or race schools where there's no refund you'll get slammed with rain. At least you got some dry session. I know, if you can ride in the rain, you can ride in the dry... but that doesn't help with the chicken strip removal / sidewall flexing...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

It always amazes me how any time you book track time or race schools where there's no refund you'll get slammed with rain. At least you got some dry session. I know, if you can ride in the rain, you can ride in the dry... but that doesn't help with the chicken strip removal / sidewall flexing...
I was pretty bummed when I saw the forecast leading up to the day, and then to make the 30 minute ride to the track in a light rain. But after Reg's warnings of the conditions and tales of half-a-dozen riders wadding their scoots the day before, I took it pretty easy and worked on being smooth. Once the sun came out and most the track dried up, I feel the morning wet weather made me much smoother and therefore faster in the dry. I would have been a bit peeved if it hadn't cleared up and I didn't get a chance to really turn up the wick since this was my first time on a track.

Red
AMA #439394

·
Registered
695 Posts
its amazing that bikes can have decent traction in the rain if the rider knows how to ride in the rain well.

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of me at Reg Pridmore's CLASS school at Sears Point (now Infineon) Raceway...

Rain in the AM

Sun in the PM

Red
AMA #439394

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yup, I read in one of Keith codes books that you still have about 80% traction on wet roads...

this is assumming you don't have other hazzards like oil, leaves etc....

so on a wet track, you should have about 80% of the traction since i doubt the track will have oil and leaves and crap on it....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks good. Tracks out here make you take your mirrors off, tape up your headlight, drain your coolant and put water in, and take off your plate. Good lord, it takes 3 hours to do that and then you ride for 6. UUggghhhh, just let me get out there damnit! :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

For CLASS, you need only disconnect your brake light and cover or remove your mirrors. For more info, check out classrides.com.
Yup, a little duct tape on the mirrors and a few fuses to pull and we were ready to rip.

Red
AMA #439394

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.