Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a lil problem with my 1990 kawi zx6d1 (ninja). When i run the bike for like 10 min the exhaust manifolds turn cherry red why is this action happening and what could it be thats turning the pipes cherry?

I have checked for sprak< found one dead coil, replaced with a used one. next change sprak plugs and rebuilt all for carburators. also reset the computer disconect the battery. oh one last thing I filled the bike with 110 race fuel (ran like a rocket) but later drained all of it out and flushed the whole fuel system with regular 93 octane.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello everyone, I have a lil problem with my 1990 kawi zx6d1 (ninja). When i run the bike for like 10 min the exhaust manifolds turn cherry red why is this action happening and what could it be thats turning the pipes cherry?

I have checked for sprak< found one dead coil, replaced with a used one. next change sprak plugs and rebuilt all for carburators. also reset the computer disconect the battery. oh one last thing I filled the bike with 110 race fuel (ran like a rocket) but later drained all of it out and flushed the whole fuel system with regular 93 octane.
no catalitic converter full muzzy exhaust!

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Are you riding or just idling? Sounds like you're running awfully lean.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yup has to be lean

·
Registered
737 Posts
^^^^
Agree with the above statement.
Also, and I could be wrong, but 110 race fuel has a lower burning point
than 91 octane. My bike is Turbo charged and the only time I run 110
is when the boost pressure is raised, controls pre detonation in the cylinders.:)

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
^^^^
Agree with the above statement.
Also, and I could be wrong, but 110 race fuel has a lower burning point
than 91 octane. My bike is Turbo charged and the only time I run 110
is when the boost pressure is raised, controls pre detonation in the cylinders.:)
It has a greater resistance to precombustion caused by compression.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Definitely need to go through your bike, running that lean is no good. If the carbs were never rejetted after the exhaust upgrade that needs to be done.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Ah, I'd assume intake leak between the carb and the cylinder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts