Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've read the how to posts and what not, and i'm wanting to relocate my rear resevoir under the seat. im wondering if anyone has had any negative effects from this? any less effectiveness from the rear brake, air in lines, leaks, or anything else that could come from this? thanks guys.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think I can speak for everyone here and say NO to all of the above. If you do it correctly you will not have to bleed your brakes, and will not have any issues. There are no downsides to this mod at all...so do it already.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the heads up. exactly why i posted this. the soda can technique works? im ordering a motowerkz gp exhaust later this week, so i just have to get by for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
thanks for the heads up. exactly why i posted this. the soda can technique works? im ordering a motowerkz gp exhaust later this week, so i just have to get by for a couple weeks.
I don't want to knock on anyone on our forum, but please have some dignity and respect for yourself...don't buy that exhaust. If I were back home I would TIG Weld something up for your that would compare to the quality of a factory MotoGP shorty...and I'd sell it to you for the cost of materials...that thing is just so fugly.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

finished the relocate last night. made up a bracket to bolt to the seat instead of zip ties. and decided to wrap the brake hose with a cut in half heater hose and works perfectly, and disappears basically once the cover is back on. although, does anyone else have a slight kink by the master cylinder? it doesnt restrict fluid, but looks like a tighter bend than it should be. i rode last night and the brakes work fine. as for the how to links, just search the forum. theres a ton of them. really simple though. took me longer to cut and paint the brackets than anything.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I don't want to knock on anyone on our forum, but please have some dignity and respect for yourself...don't buy that exhaust. ...that thing is just so fugly.....
^^^This is coming from someone that has no experience with our exhaust. I understand you might not like how it looks and that's fine for you, but to try and tell someone else not to buy it, just because you don't like the look of it, makes no real sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts