Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a set of clipons a while ago and did a half ass relocation of the front master cylinder reservoir. Problem now is the windscreen pushes against the reservoir when the bars are turned full to the left. Over time this has been loosening the cover on the reservoir, I found this out the hard way :(

So I am going to drill and tap a hole in the upper triple and mount the reservoir a bit further over so there is no more rubbing. In order to do this I need to pick up some hydraulic tubing since the stock tube from the reservoir to the master is too short. My question is does anyone know what size tubing I should order? Brembo sells tubing in 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10mm diameters. Wanted to know if anyone has done this before or if I should just order all the sizes and hope for the best.

Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spoke to the guys at OPP Racing who told me almost all front master cylinders use 5mm tubing. Looks like my questions has been answered :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Reactions: Dave_636

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man I was searching for that thread too but I couldn't find it.

You are the reason I decided to tap the upper triple since I saw the thread when you first posted it and it looked like a great idea.

Only thing though was no way the stock 05/06 hose was going to reach, that's the only reason I had to order new hose.

+rep for the advice.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Man I was searching for that thread too but I couldn't find it.

You are the reason I decided to tap the upper triple since I saw the thread when you first posted it and it looked like a great idea.

Only thing though was no way the stock 05/06 hose was going to reach, that's the only reason I had to order new hose.

+rep for the advice.

I ended up replacing the hose also, mine worked with the stock hose but it was stretched too much so I just replaced it. I guess the '05-'06 wouldn't even stretch far enough.

Just take your time when tapping the threads, slow in about 1/4 turn then back it out an 8th. keep that up until it is tapped all the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts