Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have an alarm with remote start on the bike. I would actually NOT reccomend hooking up the remote starter though. It bypasses all safty devices meening, if your bike is in gear (even with the kickstand down) and you remote start it then bam, your bike lunges forward and you now have a bike laying on the ground. It is a nice feature if you like to ride in the winter though cause you can start it up and let it warm up before riding. Just be VERY VERY careful with a remote start on a bike! And dont ever let a woman touch your keychain. I did and didnt know she hit the button to start it. 30 mins later I go out side or the bar and see my damn bike is running. Thank god it was in neutral and the handlebars were locked![:0]

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol

I have an alarm with remote start on the bike. I would actually NOT reccomend hooking up the remote starter though. It bypasses all safty devices meening, if your bike is in gear (even with the kickstand down) and you remote start it then bam, your bike lunges forward and you now have a bike laying on the ground. It is a nice feature if you like to ride in the winter though cause you can start it up and let it warm up before riding. Just be VERY VERY careful with a remote start on a bike! And dont ever let a woman touch your keychain. I did and didnt know she hit the button to start it. 30 mins later I go out side or the bar and see my damn bike is running. Thank god it was in neutral and the handlebars were locked!
Can you PLEASE post how to bypass all of the safety devices? Like where they are and stuff. I have an alarm w/remote start and only have the alarm setup because I did not know where to bypass the safety devices. Your help would be greatly appreciated and I know about the safety issues but I always leave the bike in neutral and no one touches my bike.

thanks

Hell was full...so I came back
Friends don't let friends drive Hondas

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
its tricky to find them, you will need a wiring digram or at the very least, a probe. The wires are located directly off the fuse pannel under the seat. Also, wiring is different on different year bikes. Its ignition wire, power on wire, and ground. Also if you have your alarm set up to cut the ignition when the alarm goes off, you will be using one of those wires already.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.