Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think it's much different between your '00 and my '95. Just take out the 2 bolts near the triple tree, take off the seat and there should be a couple more bolts underneath it, make sure you tie off all the lines, and you should be good to go!

Step 1-Twist handle
Step 2-Hold on!

·
Registered
321 Posts
According to the J1 manual:

Warning: Gasoline is extremely flammable and can be explosive under certain conditions. Turn the ignition switch OFF. Do not smoke. Make sure area is well ventilated and free from any source of flame or sparks; this includes any appliance with a pilot light.

Caution: For California model, if gasoline, solvent, water or any other liquid enters the canister, the canister's vapor absorbing capacity is greatly reduced. If the canister does become contaminated, replace it with a new one.

Turn the fuel tap position lever to the OFF position

Remove:
Seats
Evaporative Emission Hoses (California model)
Fuel Filter Hose
Fuel Tap Position Lever screw
(Location : The hole in the center of fuel tap dial)
Tank mounting Bolts & bracket
(Location: 2 bolts near steering stem, 2 bolts under front seat, bracket under front seat)

Pull the rear part of the fuel tank right side to clear the fuel tap, and then remove tank.

AL

You never know how fast you can go, until you crash.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I posted a couple of months ago that after taking my bike out of storage I found that the frame was getting a small crack near where the steering dampener connects to the frame. Anyway, its about 4mm long and I have a call in to Kawi about it. Until then I'm looking to get it welded and found a place that will do it (auto welders) but they want me to remove the gas tank (for obvious reasons). I don't have a shop manual so I'm wondering if anyone has a quick schematic on how to remove the tank or some easy to follow instructions.

BTW its' a '00 model
Thanks

We be ridin' Ninja 600's never Harleys kid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.