Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone postd this a while back...but how the fck do you remove the gauges on the 03 zx6r. I wanna send them out to bluegauges.com and don't wanna fck anything up, but when it comes to me trying things myself I tend to break things. Thanks for any help. Oh and for those that say try a search...I TRIED.. can't find it...if I overlooked it then I'm sorry.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
#1 take off mirrors
#2 take off windscreen
#3 take out 2 bolts behind the gauges on the bottom, its a tight fit to get a socket wrench in there.
#4 take out the 2 bolts on the sides of the gauges.
Now the gauges will lift out of the bike.
#5 now unscrew the 3 screws that are holding the gauges on to its housing.
#6 Pull out wire harness by pressing down on top and pulling out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey naughty, can you post pics / let us know how those work for you? i've been thinking about sending my gauges to bluegauges.com too

thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea it's gonna be a little while, I probably won't send them out til sometime next week...but as soon as i get it back and put it back on i'll post pix

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tommyboy..

Does removing the mirrors help with that black plastic piece that runs over the back of the gauges???? I took the windscreen off tonite and then saw that plastic piece. My bike is stored at another garage and I didn't have any of my tools to take the mirrors off..I only had the allen keys in the tool kit that came with the bike. I really wanna get the gauges out to send to BLUEGAUGES.COM ASAP.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What you can do when you put it back in is put a couple of washers on the bottom bolt and it will tilt the gauge up so you can see it better under normal riding conditions. I did it and really like the change, it's easier to see the whole thing including the low gas light.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the mirrors are the same size bolt as the other 4 bolts that you have to take out. So if you dont have that socket then you should just hold off till you do. And its kinda tricky getting the 2 out from behind that black plastic part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.