Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the hell do i prop up my bike to remove my forks? would some jack stands on each side of the frame under the swingarm axle work? what do i do?

·
Registered
205 Posts
hehehe...good luck...the jack stands will work but i'd wonder abou stability...the best way is to have a mobile lift...such as for taking engines out of cars...and tie a strap to the triple tree and lift it up by that...i always take it to my dads shop and do it that way...makes life so so so so much easier...but how many of those have that available hu...ok, me...:D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got a engine lift but it wont fit in the garge with the other bikes.

yea i know of the pit bull stand,it goes under the bottom tree.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
i had to use the temporarily version, jack with woife supporting the bike as i changed the forks out...
Otherwise use the engine hoist with a strap..

·
Registered
320 Posts
I used two jackstands on either side of the exhaust. I first used the bike stands, front and rear, then placed the jack stands under the engine as far forward as possible. Then I just took the front stand out. It's pretty stable but I wouldn't rock the bike or sit on it. I used this method to rebuild my forks and to recently hold the bike up while putting in new tapered bearings in the frame head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.