Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I recently have had to remove the bracket that the exhaust pipe attaches to, and replace it with a new bracket I ordered. However, the new bracket does not include the foot pedal where the passenger lays their foot. So I have to use the foot pedal on the old bracket and put it on the new one. The problem is I don't know how to remove the silver pedal.. There seems to be no screw or twisting mechanism that loosens/removes the pedal from the black hinges... Help!

If anyone needs, I have pictures. Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
do you see the little clip in the first pic?
thats called a C clip.
stick a bladed screw driver in there, and twist.
cover it with a rag, as it will probably SHOOT out of there.
you dont want to loose it, or it hit you in the eye.

some ppl call those "jesus" clips...cuz thats what u say when comes it flying out!

once its out, just slide the pin, and your done.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I just took mine off tonight. Those little suckers are on there good! What a PITA!!

Reactions: HKr1

·
Registered
376 Posts
do you see the little clip in the first pic?
thats called a C clip.
stick a bladed screw driver in there, and twist.
cover it with a rag, as it will probably SHOOT out of there.
you dont want to loose it, or it hit you in the eye.

some ppl call those "jesus" clips...cuz thats what u say when it flying out!

once its out, just slide the pin, and your done.
If you're ever by a Harbor freight they have a c-clip tool there for like 5$ that makes getting these guys off and on much easier... I use it all the time for RC stuff.. Just a nice lil do-dad to have in your tool box..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Screw driver, not your finger nail :)
LOL! Well duh! Used a flat head.

curious...did you already know how?

interesting. i didnt realise they had a special tool for these. ive been using a screwdriver for years.
Well I didn't know how before looking at the peg, and then I just figured it out. Kind of hard not to notice the c-clip :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to get one of those little tool! The right side is very hard to get off without taking off the entire bracket!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Also -- Just a lil did you know...

The clips in question are actually "E-Rings" or "E-Clips" not "C" ..

There are two tools. One that is just flat and has a small tipped head so you can hook and pull them out, and also one that has a V shaped head to just pop them off.

I actually use a C-clip tools with great success, just line up the hole pullers and push.. Or use curved nose pliers. The problem with using screw drivers is you tend to bend the clips more than with pliars/pullers/etc...

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
Also -- Just a lil did you know...

The clips in question are actually "E-Rings" or "E-Clips" not "C" ..

There are two tools. One that is just flat and has a small tipped head so you can hook and pull them out, and also one that has a V shaped head to just pop them off.

I actually use a C-clip tools with great success, just line up the hole pullers and push.. Or use curved nose pliers. The problem with using screw drivers is you tend to bend the clips more than with pliars/pullers/etc...
yeh, theyve been called many things.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
C-clips, or whatever you want to call them, are the f*cking worst thing to ever happen to fasteners and hardware.

They're the only fastener I know of where you can watch two grown men try to remove them and fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts