Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a ZX14 and is trying to tell me to remove my secondary butterfly valves because they are making the bike hesitate at low rpms.I have read this about the 14 but will it do any thing for a 6r?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
why is it hesitating at low revs?
is it hesitating?
Get the kit ECU and get it dyno'd, and a good tuner will dial in all of it so it doesn't do anything but ooze power

·
Registered
297 Posts
To my knowledge the 14 people remove them because the bike limits the low end (with the secondary butterflies) to keep the power linear and manageable. I think their bikes run weird without them. Also you'd prolly have to get a custom tune if they do do anything in particular to our bikes due to every other tune out there most likely being for the bike with the secondaries. The 14 people end up with way too much air at low revs and the bikes runs lean and overheats, until they get a custom tune of course...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why is it hesitating at low revs?
is it hesitating?
Get the kit ECU and get it dyno'd, and a good tuner will dial in all of it so it doesn't do anything but ooze power
No my bike hauls ass...He said all new kawis should do it.I just thought it would be more free hp.But I also read these forums religiously and have only seen one zx6r with them removed so i thought i'd ask.Are they still making the KIT ecu for our bike?Because I heard they weren't.If they do next tax season it's Beet @ KIT ecu all the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine has a ZX14 and is trying to tell me to remove my secondary butterfly valves because they are making the bike hesitate at low rpms.I have read this about the 14 but will it do any thing for a 6r?
Ive been advisrd to do the same on zzr1400 by a guy that drag races them.

I'm looking at doing it but does the electronic bypass not do same job.

The flat spot drivers me nuts coming from fireblade. I've put up with it for 3 years.
But after winter want to try this mod.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.