Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall. its pouring outside and i was searchn around at a buncha pics online. ive gotten the bug to polish my top tripple clamp.. cuz its black now and all scratched up from the keys... how do i remove this?? never even looked at it that close.. do i need nething speical

·
Registered
840 Posts
The ignition is connected, but it will come off with the top clamp. There are set screws that hold the clip ons in place on the bottom of the triple cover. Take them out and loosen the pinch screws and then gently and evenly tap the cover up with a rubber malllet. You'll have to remove the wiring harness from the ignition as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
metricdevil has it right...but you don't need to remove the ignition cable from the harness there should be enough there to leave it attached. Also do yourself a favor and run a heavyduty zip-tie around the forks right under the triple. The forks tend to move enough to make it a pain to squeeze the triple back on with only two hands. Just a suggestion, if you are going through that much trouble to polish you triple do yourself a favor and buy a vortex triple off of ebay for $54...they look nice...the hardest part is drilling out the securty bolts from the stock triple but even that only takes a few minutes. Goodluck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.