Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The rear shock on my 97 ZX6R is pretty screwed. I would like to replace it, but have no cash for high end aftermarkets.

Any of u know if stock suspensions from any other bikes fit? Like from an R1, CBR919, Zx7 or ZX9 etc etc?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there!
I was interested in doing the same, but after talking with several mechanics in swedish roadracing I gave up the idea. The thing is that every bike has it´s own linkage and different weight that the shock works with + some work before you manage to fit it correctly.
I´m riding now with a Hagon rear shock specified for me and my ZX-6R from -97. Works great!!! Way better than my old stock. Quite inexpensive too.
Not much help but anyhow this is the information i got to you.
If you make some other solution, please post it here. Always fun to look at different mods.

BR
Markku

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the tip man. I can rebuild my shock, but it would be better to just get a newer, better one with a little more cash. I was told the zx7 shock share the same fitting, or can easily be modded to fit.

Will try something out when I get the chance and update here. Meanwhile, if anyone else has any tips I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.