Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I am definantly getting a new exhaust ASAP but i have a few questions...

1.) will a slip on exhaust cause the fuel injection light to come on or does it have to be a full system to cause that? (i just found a "light fix kit" on indysuperbikes and it says a fuel injection light or some sh*t will come on without it when u replace the exhaust on the 636)

2.) if I gut the cat out will it cause any lights or anything to come on and will i need a power commander?

3.) is a full race exhaust basically a gutted out stock exhaust and maybe a little lighter with a slip on added to it????

Im thinking if i just do the cat mod and gut it out then get a slip on it will act similar to a full race exhaust, please correct me if im wrong cause im new to all this. 0

thanks to everybody who posts!:D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Any aftermarket exhaust eliminates the butterfly valve located in the stock exhaust, but all(or mostly all) major manufacturers include an FI light fix, so there isn't anything to be worried about. The FI fix is just a metal piece that attaches to the servo motor to trick the ECU to think it's still there.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Alright, I've been searching and all the other posts i've seen about the FI light were form 05-06 owners. tdahle is the first 03 owner to post. So, do i have to worry about this on my 03 636? And, does the Akra Evo system come with the fix? I just ordered my akra last night.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Maybe you should do some research on your bike first. the 03/04 636/RR do not have a exhaust valve in the system. No need for a Fi fix or to worry about one.

The full system on a 03 if it uses a Ti header will save you some weight and will be worth maybe 2rwhp over a slip on system using the stock header. When you replace the stock slip on the cat will be gone as it is located in the slip on and not in the header like the 05/06 bikes.

Like was said for the 05/06 bikes the slip on systems will come with a Fi light fix and so will the full system as well. The S/O will retain the cat unless you gut it out of the header pipe. The F/S will get rid of the cat and save you some weight over the stock system.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyws6<br>Maybe you should do some research on your bike first. the 03/04 636/RR do not have a exhaust valve in the system. No need for a Fi fix or to worry about one.

The full system on a 03 if it uses a Ti header will save you some weight and will be worth maybe 2rwhp over a slip on system using the stock header. When you replace the stock slip on the cat will be gone as it is located in the slip on and not in the header like the 05/06 bikes.

Like was said for the 05/06 bikes the slip on systems will come with a Fi light fix and so will the full system as well. The S/O will retain the cat unless you gut it out of the header pipe. The F/S will get rid of the cat and save you some weight over the stock system.
Maybe I should do some research on my bike? I could have sworn that searching through the forum for info on something I didn't know WAS doing research?

·
Registered
35 Posts
636 maton..... i took the cat out off my exhaust and there are no problem doin it but to get the full power out of doing it a comander is the way to go. and yes a system is just lighter dont let any one say its not. the standar headers on your bike are light anyway. wen you buy a slip on you will get a bracket that puts the f1 light out.. hope that helps buddy any more questions just ask.... oh ye the yoshi slip on sounds cooool;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought an Akra slip on from a friend that thrashed his bike. How does that metal bracket look like to put out the F1 light? Can I buy one or maybe fabricate one[B)]?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts