Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a dent in my gas tank and bought one locally. same tanks and everything EXCEPT for one little part. the tank thats on my bike has 2 little openings on the bottom next to the fuel pump with a red and blue sticker that connects to 2 different valves. now on my NEW tank, these 2 openings aren't on the bottom. can anybody explain to me whats wrong?

the tanks are completely the same except for those 2 little openings. i will post up pictures if you guys are confused.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Your tank is a California tank and hte blue and red dots are to show you what hose goes where for the CA emissions crap we have. The tank that you bought is NOT a CA tank and therefore does not have the emissions crap on it. You can use it, just remove the emisions crap from your bike. Search the forums, there should be some threads on it. Not something that I have done yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I got mine through Ron Ayers. I returned mine and got a new one. Really sucked being out of a bike for another 2 weeks since they had to recieve the return before they would ship out the new one.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yep. (2) different part numbers for each color.

Part numbers for the 05's:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. im just gonna remove the emissions and do the kleen air mod. sorry to not search, after searching for emissions removal i found everything. thanks everybody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.