Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed I'm missing parts on my bike. One of which is a bolt on the black plastic where you put your knees. the other is one of those little rubber pieces on the underside of the rear seat that it rests on.

I'm not worried about the rear seat thing (too much), but my plastic is definately loose from where that bold is missing.

Can i just go into a lowes and buy a bolt?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Or you could go to the dealership and buy the correct bolt instead.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just get mine at lowes because its closer, most bolts for my 07 that I have purchased were m6 and m8 if im not mistaken, but I could only find them in flat head. So if the dealer isn't to far from where you live pick them up there. Last time I went to my dealer me and some guy working got into an argument about the spark plug i needed, he insisted my bike takes a 7 and not an 8 and I kept telling him it came with an 8 and i dont need to change it, so unless I need to get an oil filter or crush washers i stay far from there.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Get on a site that lists part numbers, and write them down, along with the description of the part and price. If you just give them the pn, it's hard for them to argue with whether or not you need it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
had to do the same thing. Only my bolt next to my leg came out a day after i had my 600 mile checkup(as well as my bolt that holds the shifter in place) while i was riding. I have a priority service plan with my dealer and i was pissed. I called them up and gave them hell for the Shifter bolt falling out and they sent me that bolt and two others that had fallen off. Luckily the others were just from the fairings.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If it's just a bolt...Ace Hardware seriously has every bolt ever made. I replaced the bolts that hold my handlebars on with stainless steel ones that are exactly the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts