Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've only done this once, but its buggin me.. The little knob that says FUEL and has On Off Res... yeah if it ON and you run out of gas isnt it supposed to have more gas in the tank that can be used by switching to RES??? well i ran out and i was completely dry. and i know it wasnt already in RES.. what can i do about this?? or do i just have to keep my eye on the ODO?? HELP!!!! lol thanks

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
The only thing I can think of is you had it on reserve already.
There is actually only 1 tank, just 2 different pickups (one about 2 inches up, another right at the bottom).
There is no way you could run out with it on "ON" unless the fuel pickup for "ON" broke off inside the tank, thus allowing fuel to flow all the way to the end of the tank.

A little illustration I made a few months back for someone..[8D]

Try riding until you run out on "ON" again, see if it really is out or not this time. If so, you can take that fuel tap out of the bottom of the tank (once you remove the tank its just 2 bolts to take out the tap)

You should be able to hit between 200-220km before hitting reserve. If you go past that, your either on reserve or that tap might br broken off.

·
Registered
337 Posts
my bike did that too. It reallys sucks, doesn't it?! What I found out when we disassembled it was that the two hoses were crossed. In other words, the "on" lever really put it on reserve. I would have to ride on "reserve", then switch to "on" with the hoses crossed.

Maybe somone crossed your hoses, too. You can test it by putting it on reserve, running out, then switching to on. If it has gas, the hoses are switched. If not, then ??????????????

If you do switch the hoses back, I recommend running it dry or almost dry first. We spilled a lot of gas when we did mine[:I]

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.