Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree that respecting the bike is important, so is anything else that could be dangerous when done with negligence. As far as keeping up with others that will depend on the speed if you are going to ride at a constant speed over 140 I wont worry about keeping up...My 600 will cruise at 130-150 I don't need to be faster things get blurry then. I ride with 1000's all the time and I keep up fine, although I know at top speeds they will be gone but who rides around the city above 150? The average speed is 75-125mph...

·
Registered
15 Posts
very good post, thank you for posting this, i myself plan on not making this mistake, im not new to riding a motorcycle, i have about 4 years experience doing it but the bikes i had where cruisers, im stepping into a whole new world riding a ninja even if its only a 250cc its still a sports bike and the rider needs to have the experience and know how to tell the difference in how these bikes handle. I know that a 650r or bigger is to big a sports bike for me thus why i want the 250.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you so much for this post. Although I made this mistake myself, I may have to reconsider the decision I made and see what I can do about it.

As much as I love the bike I have recently purchased, I want to be as conscience and mature about owning and riding a bike as possible.

Once again, thank you!

These have to... Respect never gets love without it!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am still new at mastering the art of riding; however, call it ignorance on my part cause I spend a lot of time riding the back-roads (twisties), but what do you do with a liter bike out on the streets?

I ride a 04 636, and I tell you what, i have not even begun to tap into the full potential of this machine-and it's a 636. I have so much fun on the back-roads with this bike, and I have to admit this is the first bike where at one point I was riding it and the notion of selling it dawned on me cause that bike is really fast.

Prior to that I had ridden a 1999 VFR 800cc's for two years (back-roads as usual) before I sold the bike, then moved onto a Yamaha 600R-sold the bike and now I am on this 636 (BEAST). From the Honda to the Yamaha no motorcycle compares to this 636. And I will not be upgrading soon either or ever.

And I seriously don't understand how people get bored of 600 cc bikes...and probably never will, but then again people ride for different reasons and some people just like to have the biggest and fastest-I personally can't see any use for that out in the streets other then getting in a lot of trouble with the law in terms of speed and tickets.

Granted I can get in trouble on the 636, but that's what amazes me about this whole notion of 600cc bikes vs liter bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much 4 this post. I have only been riding 4 thr33 yearz an I have been down once. it was the very 1st day I started ridin in fact. I guess it didn't help dat my very 1st bike was a 2006 Honda CBR 1000rr.lol Since then I got rid of that thing an got a 2004 Kawasaki ZX10r(gen1) yea my choice in bike didn't get any betta, but my understanding of this sport has gotten alot gr8er. Meaning, I own a "Death Dealer" an I needed to become a better ryder. I didn't stop rydin after my accident, but it most definantly slowed my actions. I wish I read this when I bought my 1st bike. But i really can't say that bcuz my accident let me know the differance in this. Ryding is a "sport not a game". Thanx a lot man!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can never top experience

Experience, experience, experience!!!

Bought an '07 Ninja 650R for my first bike.
Two weeks after I got it, out riding with an experienced rider, me not paying attention, and trying to keep up, popped the clutch leaving a stop light. Literally, put the bike 90 degrees straight up. Broke my license plate bracket, scratched up my plastics, broke the end of the clutch lever and have to get a new plate and fender eliminator. Got laughed at by DMV clerk after I showed her the plate and told her the story. and had to file a claim with my insurance four days after I got it.

Was already signed up for riding lessons. Shouldve waited.
Still riding, my class is in two weeks, but with with much more respect for the power in even a twin-engine 650.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agreed!

I am a very new rider and bought a Ninja 250R. I absolutely love it and it is already powerful enough for me. It is insubstantially cheaper and you won't feel as bad when you lay it down because you remember its your first bike, it wasn't crash expensive and you can learn. Being on a bigger expensive bike could cause you to be more nervous and make mistakes.

I have already laid my 250R down while turning onto anther street. If I had a more expensive bike I would have been pissed but knowing that I am learning, I was fine and lifted it back up, started it, and left. It has some scratches on it now but at least I didn't drop $7,499.00 - $13,999.00 bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went with a ER-6F for my first bike. As a beginner, it's plenty fast. You don't really need anything faster for city riding. Yeah, I can't keep up with the 600s, but I don't need to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello People, Hope you guys have a good day.
I am a new guy to this forum and a very proud owner of a Ninja 250r. I just got my bike a week back and its just amazing. The bike feels really amazing and its a dream bike to me. but sadly I am having one problem with it. My dealer told me not to drive the bike beyone 4000 rpm and also told me to keep the bike below 60km/h for the first 1000kms.
I just want your kind advice this. since my bike has currently done 215km. what should I do?
Can I unleash the best at this point or Should I wait for another 800kms to go past and then unleash. Dealer told me that the engine has to tune up so I should drive it a bit more kindly.
All ya proud owners of the beast please I request you to kindly advise me on what to do.! Thank ya people soo much. Have a good day all. God bless.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello People, Hope you guys have a good day.
I am a new guy to this forum and a very proud owner of a Ninja 250r. I just got my bike a week back and its just amazing. The bike feels really amazing and its a dream bike to me. but sadly I am having one problem with it. My dealer told me not to drive the bike beyone 4000 rpm and also told me to keep the bike below 60km/h for the first 1000kms.
I just want your kind advice this. since my bike has currently done 215km. what should I do?
Can I unleash the best at this point or Should I wait for another 800kms to go past and then unleash. Dealer told me that the engine has to tune up so I should drive it a bit more kindly.
All ya proud owners of the beast please I request you to kindly advise me on what to do.! Thank ya people soo much. Have a good day all. God bless.
I think it is best to wait. The engine is still being broken in and the dealers know their bike. You don't want to risk pushing the bike too early and having major issues later as a result. Just my opinion. Break it in properly and then do what you want later.

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Please search the break in topic... it has been asked to death in actual questions/threads.

But just ride it how you normally would and never look back or worry about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Respect

Respect the machine and it respects you....
a good saying I think as it makes you try to understand how the machine will respond to your input. Also if you respect the machine you are more likely to look after it more, from cleaning and maintenance through to not riding it like a tw*t.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great point about trading in the people you ride with if you are new and the riding is beyond your experience/ability.

My boyfriend has a CBR600RR and with that, multiple modes of riding. He's never made me want to "trade him in". Always respecting that I am learning, applauding the skills I have acquired thus far, and giving me pointers when need be.

And when he wants to switch "modes", as I have referred to it, he goes out with his buddies with equal riding experience.

I own a 250 Ninja, and relatively new to this forum - enjoying and considering everything I read.

Thanks!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

41 - 60 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.