Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I respect my bikes by riding them instead of washing them, I also adjust valves alot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've ridden bikes for years, from 250, 750, 1500. But none were super sports or even mine. Then just recently I bought an 07 zx6r. Wow! So much power from a 600. I "respect" the bike, but more than that I know the bike can perform far more than what I am capable and comfortable with. I wanted a 600 because I knew it gave me room to grow, but also light enough for me to learn to ride properly and safely. I still practice slow driving in parking lots, and highway practice in leaning and following through on corners. I'm happy with my decision. In a nutshell what I'm saying is I'm glad I started practicing on a smaller older bike because even with experience on an older 750 and 1500 cruiser they had nothing on this new 600. I can get in plenty of trouble if I'm not careful. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a viscious cycle i have been riding for most of my life and have lost friends, and myself have been in a couple of wrecks over the years. I have learned that a majority of the younger new riders do not listen... which is why I have joined this forum to hopefully get a little help on my 07 650r streetfighter project that i purchased from a 19 year old kid with a death wish... but don't worry he totaled the 650r and has now moved on to a 600rr....

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
It's a viscious cycle i have been riding for most of my life and have lost friends, and myself have been in a couple of wrecks over the years. I have learned that a majority of the younger new riders do not listen... which is why I have joined this forum to hopefully get a little help on my 07 650r streetfighter project that i purchased from a 19 year old kid with a death wish... but don't worry he totaled the 650r and has now moved on to a 600rr....
Smart kid, upgrading from a fast bike to a stupid fast bike.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
This made me laugh, Hitler wanting a Gixxer 600 or R6 as his first street bike:

·
Registered
39 Posts
How is this a sticky? How does one "respect" their bike? I would say that developing riding skills, strategy, and wearing gear demonstrate respect in ones self. Not this crap.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
You get it but many new riders do not- they think they can start with a superfast bike designed for experts and be fine, because they "respect" the huge power and will not twist the throttle more than they can handle.

Many beginners are like this guy, who probably thought he "respected" his new bike:

charlie.b

·
Registered
4 Posts
All I can say is that as soon as you loose respect for the machine you're riding, and go beyond your skills, sure enough, before you know it, you'll get hurt....

·
Registered
5 Posts
new rider

Nah guys it's awesome when noobs crash these bikes. More parts up for grabs for me!!!

On a serious note though you are exactly right. Bigger bikes are a lot less forgiving for new riders out there honing their skills. They only buy the bigger ones to keep up with their buddies (not speed, but "look what I have").

Some dude on my local Craigslist posted his R6 for sale a month after buying it because he "needed a liter bike to keep up with his friends". Lolz.
I agree what u r saying i can just say that i hawe bought me a ninja 250r as a first bike (because of restrictions so can i not drive a bigger bike for the first two years)

but i ca say this i learned to ride on a honda cbf 500 and when i got my licence and jumped on my small ninja i felt like home, it was awsome to just be able to open the trottle to full and feel fre on the roads, and im happy that i didnt started on a 600 cuz i have overcoocked some corners but becauze i was on a 250 i was able to get my ass out of there.

ride safe mates (i dont know how mutch this add to the iscussion but something XD)

·
2 minutes to midnight
74 Posts
All I can say is that as soon as you loose respect for the machine you're riding, and go beyond your skills, sure enough, before you know it, you'll get hurt....
the point of the thread is that respecting your bike wont do jack shit. i can go out, kick my bike right in the tank, never wash it, rev it up at the rev limiter at every light and that still lwont be what causes or prevents a wreck. . . when i wreck my bike it will be for 1 of 2 possible reasons.

1. i am not experienced enough and chose to ride faster or harder in the conditions than i should have

2. a car will come out of nowhere and cream me

you get the point. you can reduce 50% of your risk of riding by not following "friends" around on your bike and not trying to be a badass and pop wheelies for the bitches. its not worth it because aint nobody gonna sleep with you with a big road scab on your ugly mug. . .

im just rambling and i dont mean anything by it. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
good post, for some reason i dont mind the cynicism, to be honest i think in the USAistan
everyone is so sensitive you want to throw up. no one here can take being corrected even when they are 1,000% wrong.
anyway thanks for telling like it is
peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exactly. You just need to know your limits as a beginner and some people need o stop thinking they are some hot shots getting way over thier heads.

61 - 80 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.