Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I started on a ninja 250 and after a year upgraded to a 600. After a few more years, I went up to a ZX12R. I still kept the 600 for carving the canyons :) Experience and Respect I think is a good combination! Ride safe guys :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haha, I go against all the advice given too me about bikes. I know this is bad, but I bought a zx750r for my first bike. Not because I wanted a bigger faster bike, but because I got it for dirt cheap price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 97 cbr600 f3 as my first bike and got bored with it in about 4 months. I sold it and bought a zx9r and its still a thrill every time i ride.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Haha, I go against all the advice given too me about bikes. I know this is bad, but I bought a zx750r for my first bike. Not because I wanted a bigger faster bike, but because I got it for dirt cheap price.
Thats a really smart way to buy a first bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just signed up today. lots of good info for a newbie like myself. It helps to hear from the experience of lots of people in the hopes I can avoid some of the headaches I hear about. Thanks again. Looking to get a 250 to use as a commuter bike. I drive 58 miles one way, with only 13 miles on the highway.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I respect my bike, and respect all other riders... Respect has to be earned though... Always try and remember the first time I rode and bring back that feeling every time I swing my leg over it, and keep in my mind defensive riding skills... Riding is a new experience each time. 90 percent of crashes is Rider Error. Not bike or Others fault. Over Riding is a big cause of crashes! Be safe out there. Always gear up. Peace Wave! RNB70. AKA: Chris.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The way I see it. The moment when a bike can no longer scare you is the moment you join the many that will become a statistic. I'm new to this forum so I have shit to say hahaha.

·
Registered
866 Posts
You have to respect the bike's ability to kill you. But respecting the bike itself? Eff that - ima ride that dirty bitch like the track whore she is. I own her. Plain and simple. She does exactly what I tell her.

BUT, if I don't ever listen to her, I'll get bucked off. I'll push - but only to the breaking point.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am probably one of the younger men on here at 22. I've read the two first posts and yes your approach is perfect. I won't listen to the condemnation or those that give me a feeling of conviction. I will surely drown you out. I have my beliefs and the man that's written my life out. I'm in the market for a 250r or 300 as my first bike. I'm not looking to be cool. I'm not looking for speed. I'm not looking for women. I'm literally physically attracted to sport bikes and everything have to offer ME. (Idgaf excuse my sms language) what others think or have to say. My heart is in it for what it is. Its about me and nobody else. I recently applied at a bike retail store just to be around gear and people who have the same passion. My old job was manufacturing in steel plants making quite a substantial amount of money. I've never worked in retail and understand ill be taking a substantial cut in pay. That's not the point. Like I said I'm in love with sport bikes and its my passion. I would rather go through life living happy and stress free over money any day. God bless and thank you all for the amazing insight and fruitful knowledge!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

121 - 140 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.