Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
As a new rider gets onto his brand new bike it hard for him to control his feelings but it is important that he learns to ride within his limits. Even experienced riders are never going to be able to reach the level as track riders, so how are you going to on your first day of riding? Stay safe out there everyone!

·
Registered
70 Posts
You have to respect the bike's ability to kill you. But respecting the bike itself? Eff that - ima ride that dirty bitch like the track whore she is. I own her. Plain and simple. She does exactly what I tell her.

BUT, if I don't ever listen to her, I'll get bucked off. I'll push - but only to the breaking point.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Amen ^^
But this (old) thread shouldn't be in the newbie corner, it kinda killed it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If only everyone had your attitude. The amount of shit I've got for buying a 250 (2008) and taking shit in baby steps has been incredible.

I've had the bike for 2 months and I still can't really fathom going on the highway yet. I would rather be confident in my braking, avoidance, and all around handling skills before I go put myself into a 6 lane race with the thousands of retards that drive on the highways around here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very well written article. Even if you have respect for your machine, it doesn't mean you have the ability to handle the machine properly. Even more importantly, you have to know how to handle yourself, when a semi truck cuts you off on the highway in rush hour traffic. That kind of thing is only learned over time and it doesn't matter how much you respect your bike since that truck driver doesn't respect you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys please HELP, I just brought a ninja 250ex and the last owner crash it a while back.i road it for two days then all of a sudden my gears jam up and I'm stuck in first and it feels like it's seized. It didn't have much oil so I've drained it out and refilled the oil but it runs fine it just won't change gears

·
Registered
27 Posts
Two quotes that have been a guiding light in my growth as a rider.
"Ride your own ride" and "Ride like everyone is actively out to kill you"

Respect for the bike
Respect for your limits
Respect for the conditions

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm just posting here because it's the newbie forum and I'm following the rools :D

I've also found the limits of my current bike are way beyond my own, and despite having ridden her practically every day for the last four years, she still has a way of reminding me of this when I get cocky and twist a little harder than usual...

141 - 153 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.